From the Government of South Australia – Recovery from COVID-19 (SA.GOV.AU: COVID-19)
South Australian Roadmap for easing COVID-19 restrictions from 11-May – see response below:
Universities, TAFE or other VET institutions
Can I go to university, TAFE SA or another VET institution?
Yes, you can. These institutions were never directed to close, but moved to remote learning models as an extra precaution to protect their staff and students. However, SA Health has recently advised that it is safe for students and staff to attend university, TAFE and other VET institutions, and encouraged them to feel comfortable returning to attend in-person when possible.
However, if you have a chronic medical condition or a compromised immune system, you should consult your GP in first instance. If you are feeling unwell, you should stay home.
Based on the above and advice received from the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment Di-Monty Training Solutions will be undertaking the following:
- Classes continue as usual, unless the Department of Health or Chief Medical Officer advises otherwise.
- Students and visitors to the facility should be screened for overseas travel or arrival from interstate within the last 14 days and will be asked to sign a declaration verifying that to the best of their knowledge they do not have COVID-19, nor have arrived from overseas or interstate within the last 14 days. Any student or visitor suspected of making a false declaration will be asked to leave the facility.
- Any student or visitor showing signs or symptoms linked to the COVID-19 virus will be asked to leave the facility immediately.
- Adjustments to the classroom to create at least 1.5m between people and their desks/work stations have been made. The necessary adjustments to space and number of students to each classroom has been modified to meet this requirement.
- Student common area’s are restricted to no more than 2 individuals at a time to allow access to refreshments. Lunches and refreshments are consumed in the classroom and restricted to each student desk.
- Common touch services throughout the facility are cleaned throughout the day. Hand sanitiser is available to each classroom and students are encouraged to use hand sanitiser on entry to and exit from the classroom.
- Our facilities are cleaned at the end of each day with all surfaces in common areas wiped clean with disinfectant detergent. Waste is removed daily.
- Throughout the day staff will attend to common areas surrounding classrooms and clean all common touch surfaces inclusive of bench tops, door handles, light switches. Toilets and other amenities are cleaned with disinfectant throughout the day.
- Di-Monty Training Solutions team members are not restricted in leaving the facility for external appointments or visits to other work sites however if your workplace has additional entry requirements we will work with you to ensure those requirements are met to protect the well-being of all students and other staff. All team members are practicing excessive hand hygiene and social distancing measures.
Should you wish to discuss alternate distance learning solutions, please call the team on (08) 8723 6337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon.